Thursday, March 17, 2011

Celtic Knots

I thought in honor of St. Patrick's Day I would feature some art from Ireland to help show that it can be known for more than just drinking. I have enjoyed the intricacies of Celtic knots for quite a while. I also like the many ways they can be interpreted or used as various symbols. One of the many reasons I knew that my husband was the person I should marry was because of the engagement ring he found for me. It was a simple ring with 3 small diamonds and a beautiful Celtic knot pattern. I posted a few of my favorites below.




3 comments:

  1. This reminded me; have you seen The Secret of Kells? It's this really awesome animated movie set in Ireland with heavy mythological influences. The animation is also fantastic.

    There are celtic knots all through out the movie. The one I always remember is of a hug oak tree that has it in growing in it's trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but have been told by multiple people that I should. I will go and request it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete