Thursday, March 10, 2011

ArThursday - Artist Showcase, Launch!

To feed my love for art in all forms, I have decided to add a weekly art day to my blog. Much like the "Recipe of the Week" these are going to be posts from friends, famous artists, random things I found, or sometimes me. They are also going to take all forms, photos, songs, crafts or, like today, poems.

If you would like to be featured, send me a message or leave a comment. Or if you just have awesome art that you've found or that you were reminded of, please share!

Today's ArThursday comes in the form of a poem. This was written by my friend Seth. If you are interested in more, check out his new blog ex cathedra.

My mind is not my own
it goes where it wishes
Overturning rocks the size of buildings
Uncovering chasm of ancient depth

And then my heart sees itself
a reflection of the shimmering of an
intangible instant; and latches itself
whole heartedly attached

Nobility in the pursuit of a
Sacred Quest do the two
seek through the firmament of the Earth
for the very thing that gives them leave to seek

I shift through the pieces of my heart,
mind, and vessels they have returned with
And seven times over can I reassemble them
to bear a resemblance to the world that holds me

First bleak and structured
Then bright and fluid
Now both, until I touch it and
it collapses into something incomprehensible

And so is my Sisyphus
To build and lose and gain
While trying to make my mind Understand
and my heart Know
What's really going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment